Basic training as mediators
The Mediation Center in Craiova and Nica Elena Adina as senior trainer organize basic mediation trainings.
Duration of the basic mediation training course: 80 hours (14 days)
The structure of the course:
- 30% theory;
- 70% practice (role-plays, reframing, simulations, exercises, etc.)
Type: open course
Location: any location in Romania where there is a group of 10 to 15 trainees
For details and course registration: Phone: 0730.091.723 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The price of each course and other details are listed on the website of Craiova Mediation Center www.mediere.ro
The Mediation Center in Craiova is authorized under the Decision no. 85 from the 4th of November 2007 of the Mediation Council, according to the Mediation Law no. 192/2006. The courses of the Mediation Center in Craiova were certified under the same procedure by the Mediation Council in Romania. Mrs. Elena Adina Nica is also authorized by the Mediation Council as a senior trainer, examiner, evaluator and expert in the mediation field.
Since 2003, the Mediation Center in Craiova has trained over 5657 mediators in 391 training courses.
The main goal of this course is to develop the knowledge and the abilities of the trainee in regard to the mediators’ profession according to the national and international provisions in the mediation field.
The objectives of the course are set in regard to:
- The knowledge and understanding of the mediation phenomenon and its multiple benefits as an alternative method of solving disputes;
- The application and integration of the techniques and methods specific to mediation;
- The abilities and attitudes: social relations and integration, negotiation, communication, creativity etc.
The training methods aim to provide complex abilities that are connected to mediation (communication, negotiation, conflict analysis, etc.) that are necessary to the mediator in order to conduct the mediation process in a balanced, impartial, neutral and confidential way.
The training course offers the trainees the following abilities:
- To become certified mediators under the Mediation Law no. 192/2006;
- To successfully mediate a wide range of cases, since mediation is used in various disputes: civil, commercial, penal, family, labor, in the economic and business field, etc.;
- To manage a wide range of difficult situations in a positive and constructive way, both as individuals and as professional mediators;
- To quickly read the emotions of the people involved in a conflict and to understand correctly the demands and needs of the mediated parties, no matter if they are there on their own behalf or on the behalf of their companies;
- To prevent the escalation of conflicts and to overcome the frequent deadlocks that appear in negotiations;
- To recognize when an impasse is about to happen and to know how to avoid it;
- To overcome the impasse and to help parties reach an agreement;
- To know the stages of reaching an agreement between the parties in mediation;
- To be an agent of change regarding the behaviors of the parties;
- To help the parties improve their relationships at work and to create a productive working environment.
The course also develops personal skills in the communication and relational field, since at the end of the training period the trainees will be able:
- Be better communicators;
- To listen actively and to convey persuasive messages;
- To use empathy in managing conflicts;
- To openly approach difficult situations;
- To remain calm and self controlled;
- To show initiative, tenacity and optimism;
- To encourage the parties and to give them confidence since they are the ones who decide over the result of the mediation;
- To offer the parties a common vision of the conflict, a vision that is positive and optimistic;
- To raise enthusiasm;
- To be aware of the progress and to point it out;
- To manage the interaction of the parties without diminishing their responsibility;
- To use diplomacy and tact in managing relationships.